Thursday, July 9, 2009

training a plenty

Ski training is in full swing with running, roller skiing and when I can a pedal on the bike. I can see it slowly coming together nicely and if I keep chipping away the goals of this winter should be met.
Its been a full on week and today I am enjoying a brew and tapping on the keys before getting back out there for a little active recovery.
I hit the Yarra Trails on the 29er yesterday post work and it brought back a smile to my dial, apart from some of the mud covered sections of trails it was all good, sunshine a plenty. However once the sun went down so did the temperature and fuck me it was cold, teaches me for not wearing a undershirt. Kangaroo's a plenty along the trails yesterday including a less than impressed male who was not far of my size, that was not impressed with me interrupting his afternoon meal. A little chest beating and grunting was the only indication I needed to give him a wide berth.
The bike was sweet, it is amazing how well a fork works when fresh of the service desk...... just like a new one out of box. All clean and shiny with a fresh lubed chain and the whir of a sweet White freewheel..... sweet!! All I need now is some Racing Ralph's on it and all would be sweet and tidy for single track eating. The legs were a little fried by the end of the 2 hour session, but I gave it a nudge as much as I could, trying to smash myself.... which judging by my tiredness I succeeded.
Back to the North East this week to attend the Snowgum Wodonga High Plains Tour at Falls Creek. Should be another smash session, being shown how ski again by the shadow 2010 Winter Games Team, and a selection of national team members. But hey its all work under the belt for the Hoppet. It is going to be a father son weekend with the old man tagging along to keep me company... should be a good weekend. So its off to the shed to get some wax on the skis in preparation for the weekend ahead.
Happy trails

No comments: