Thursday, December 27, 2007

one fucken speed

OK I am a single speed mountain bike lover....I love the simplicty of it....its all about riding the bike. Nothing gives me more pleasure than passing someone on their expensive carbon fibre 20 something gears up a hill. Sure it is hard at times riding big hills but dont knock what you aint got the balls to try!
At the KONA the campsite next to us had some guys riding Yeti hardtails....nice bikes. They say mine and Shane's Fat Chance and began a little bit of heckling....nice bmx's and shit like that. Karma is a fantastic thing. First lap out and the tool that was ribbing me ripped his XTR rear mech clean off the frame. Luckily somebody could help him out with a spare hanger. I sauntered over during the repair process and stated that now was the optimum time to try a single speed and that we rarely have such mechanicals!! Ah karma aint she a wonderful girl.

No comments: