Saturday, December 15, 2007

word of the month....... busy

What can I say it has been a hectic month so far with work, bikes, christmas parties!
I cant complain about much as it has been fun to say the least. I have been trying to get out on the 29er as much as possible to tune up the ride, tweaking this and that to get it dialed in. Dan Hale hooked me up with a Phil Wood BB which looked too nice to have hidden in the BB shell. A hell of a mechanic so if you need some help with the one speed thing give hime a call (check the side bar for the link at Shifter Bikes). Saw Dan's new cross frame (he loves them) sweet steel build by a local frame builder for Cog bikes.
Dan was telling me how after years of not wearing a helmet he finally bought one after the mishap with Andy White. Whilst pedaling home one evening some tool hit him in the head with a full stubbie of beer....no damage apart from the massive crack in the helmet and the local law enforcement needing to come and rescue the offender!!!
Hit the road yesterday with Gerro for a pedal down the beach. Melburn folk don't understand how lucky we are to have beech road for a pedal. All was good yesterday bar the block head wind in 30 deg heat, and lucky for me, Gerro took pity on me I think and didnt pound me into the pavement. At times all I could do was give a "Uh huh, mmmm" cause I was out of breath..... man I wish I could tap out the tempo of a pro, makes riding a bike look oh so easy!
Other news at hand is that I am a uncle after the arrival of my nephew. All involved are well...well done Renee and Kris!
10/10 for young Mister Sister with his efforts at the work christmas party.... boy did NZ Gav and I give him some shit in the forrest on Thursday's dusk ride at Lysterfeild.... had us in stiches at his expense and him frustrated as shit(yes I will get my turrets syndrome sorted out, mister sister!)
More later, happy pedaling ;)

1 comment:

Gunsle said...

Great post, love your blog.
Catch Soon.

Merry Xmas...

BTW. Rich & Kate are officially engaged.