Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Mt Washington





Ski, ski, ski, ski. That is all I have done for the last week. Amazing snow upto 4 metres deep with plenty of sun and a nice temps. Weather has been perfect bar 1 day of constant snow which changes it up a little and makes the place pretty. Tam and I have managed to ski almost everything on offer here to us bar one trail. We even took the chair lift up to a few black runs which were a hoot to come down bar getting geographically mis located at one point. I did manage to root one set of poles one day and a pair of skis. I came down hard and flipped over and then discovered that I had snapped my binding and pulled the top of the ski as well. It was a nice walk back out to a point that I could double pole back to the day lodge. It took a drive down to Courtney (local town) to sort out some new skis for the rest of the trip........not a cheap exercise but hey thats skiing!!!. From here it is to Vancouver and then on to Silver Star for you guessed it more skiing.....its a nice life for some!!



Happy trails

1 comment:

T(e)! said...

Wow man those pics look insane! I remember seeing Mt Washington from the plane when flying into Canada, it's a big sucker! Must of been at some altitude sking there.