Tuesday, August 25, 2009

bright single track

After some impressive rain and wind overnight and with the weather forecasts expecting blizzards I decided that the better option was to explore with the 29er. We are staying on the outskirts of bright and I new of some trail the headed out of town following the river. I also am near where the Bright enduro is held so I felt that there would be plenty of trails available.

I hit the trail early and headed out towards Wandiligong via the river and was riding tight rooted and rocky single track. I was in my element and quickly came across little sections of trail that brought a smile to my dial. The occasional bridge was to be found along the trail had the swollen river flowing under it at a fast rate from the recent rains.

I came across a gate that had a sigh asking for it to be shut and for no motorbikes, nothing said no mtb so I opened it and followed the trail through the paddock. It is nice to see local landowners allowing access so that the trail can continue on, as long as you shut the gates!

After around 30 odd minutes of chasing the trails it ended up in the town of Wandiligong so I chose to double back to where I had started. I found some more trail and gave that a nudge and rode it each way to get the feel of it. I popped back out close to where we are staying and then found more trail this time taking me back on the other side of the river and into the local pine forest. Some of this trail was fast, tight and sweet.

In the end a fun cold muddy 2hr ride but enough to keep my interest…. Will have to check it out a bit more before I leave!

Happy trails!

No comments: