Sunday, August 2, 2009

hotham - dinner plain race

A day I would rather forget. Binned it big time on the descent not long in to the race and I was moving at warp speed when I came down. The weather was bad on the drive up (hotham is a spooky drive in bad weather, the resort just appears out of the cloud) but cleared a little before the start. Finished 62nd overall and 17th in my age group. Not bad I guess but after binning it I lost my rhythm. Good turn out with some 150 plus racers!
Had 2 other ski sessions over the weekend and they could not have been more different. One was in the sun and after 3hrs of classic and a few photo stops it was done, bloody perfect. The other was in the wind and rain.... it eventually cracked me after 1hr 45mins and I called it a day.
I will post some photos from the classic session when I down load them.

This video has me pumped for the NZ trip! I cant wait to get on the snow over there.



Happy trails!

No comments: