Tuesday, October 19, 2010

SSWC10 NZ

So 95% packed and ready to jump a vomit comet to NZ. Early start tomorrow, and a full day of traveling but the end result will be awesome.
Cant wait to feel the Rotorua loam under my big wheels hooking into perfect trails and hopefully perfect weather. I am really looking forward to the next couple of days rollin as many km's as I can and racing on Saturday.
It has taken many hours to get the bike spotless for the trip across and I am still expecting a hard time at the NZ customs. I am hoping that the bike makes it in 1 peice. I have packed that much extra foam in to the bag to help protect it. I do now realise how big my bike is when I had to drop out the fork to fit it in.
Still deciding whether to take a laptop..... I am thinking I might just rock it old school and leave it til I get back. mmmm wish maybe I had picked myself up a iPhone, but Im a little over modern technology a bit and spend enough time on the web as it is.
These next few days are about the bike, trails, mates and a few beers....
Catch you on the flip side!

No comments: