Tuesday, January 18, 2011

counting down

Here we are a few days out from the Alpine Classic, the attempts at getting prepared are done. Doing a so called taper week, got out a few times since Saturday as I ended up with a forced week of rest because of Melburn's average weather. I was wrapped to finally get out on the big wheeler yesterday and reintroduce myself to the simple pleasure of the SS. Some of the trails are really overgrown from all the warm rain of this summer. I was glad to see that some nice person's had taken the chainsaw and brushcutter to some local trails and really cleaned em out so now you can rip it. Been a few years since she (the trail) was this clean and fun. I had such a ball riding the SS yesterday, just tapping it over rolling and revisiting trails I had not seen for a few months.
Not really that nervous about Sunday, going to treat it as a big training ride, not race anyone and just tap out a comfortable tempo. 200kms on the flat with a few rollers is enough to hurt most but when you add in 3 decent bergs to climb over it is going to be a test. I must remember to enjoy the view to trick the mind into having fun!

I think I will be seeing this sign a few times come Sunday on my way over from Bright and on the way back from Mt Beauty!

Not much else going on, looking at a few races for the first part of the year starting with the Crazy 6 next month. Just going to try and get one race done a month as this should fit in with work and family commitments.
I am still struggling to get my front tubeless on the geared 29er to stay up. Driving me a little mental, moral to the story by a UST system. I will give it 1 more decent crack and then if it doesnt work, back to tubes!
Watch the twitter feed for some shots and comments on Sunday!
Happy trails!

1 comment:

neil said...

enjoy dude, its fucking gorgeous and the weather looks to be shaping up nicely for you.