Monday, January 10, 2011

Nationals done and dusted



Fun day out in the country with Mooter. We ended up being the 2nd feeders for Team Sky and it makes the day go a little quicker when you have to be on the side of the road ready to feed.
Break went early with the main contender being Bobridge. He managed to stay away even with Sky ripping it and putting it on the line for Gerro. Despite chasing hard Gerro's group could only get within 30 seconds of Bobridge who sailed solo into the finishing straight for the win. Gerro lined up for the sprint as was pipped on the line by Goss for second in a five man group. So bronze for Gerro this year, wicked ride on a tough day at the office.



Me, I have been getting out there in the hils a bit on the road. Two weeks to go until the Alpine Classic. Getting a little nervous about it but hopefully the next 2 days on the bike will give me a indication when I get some longer rides done.
Looking at the calendar for MTB events and my work schedule I am targeting a few of the Vic Enduro Series.
I have been struggling to get my tubeless 29er tyres sorted as since spontanously deflating, getting them and the rim to mesh has been a fuckn nightmare. Next time I will be buying a UST system that does not require rim strips or tapes!
So no dirt time lately, maybe a short one later today!
Happy trails

No comments: