Sunday, July 17, 2011

sno snow snow



Finally I got the chance to grab the skis and head out for a few hours to find the ski legs. Lets say I found them pretty quick and stuck to some easy trails just to open up the lungs and have some fun.
I was lucky that the weather was a perfect blue bird day with no wind. It would have been a good one to tow Jnr round on but I had agreed that it would be a day best suited to getting myself sorted.
So a 2.5 hr ski which had me rooted by the time I made it back to the car. Trals were fast and firm with near perfect grooming. The added peice of new trail on Echo flat made it a enjoyable loop.

I even managed to skate off piste next to the creek line which was awesome.
The new building at the trailhead at Lake Mtn is fantastic and is a big improvement in comparrision to the amenities of years before the fires.
I would like to say that I will get up more this season but with life so busy ATM I will have to take it as it comes. I am hanging to get back but will have to see if I can fit it in.
Happy trails

No comments: