Saturday, September 3, 2011

Noosa

So my time here is drawing to a close. It has been a super relaxing week with plenty of family time, bike riding and just putting up the feet.
I have managed to get out twice with the Noosa Crew and promptly been smashed each time. In reflection since hanging up the road racing a few years back I have had no inclination to train so I can smash myself at 50 km an hour. I realized today I need to get some speed back into those legs so I can do it when I want to. Nothing worse than getting put through the ringer and then out the hoop!
Guess I really need to decide to lighten up and get my fitness back. Biggest incentive is for the alpine classic in January where every kg will matter when climbing those rather large hills.
The last 3 weeks have been great for getting some kms under my belt and really getting my brain back to being a bike rider. Now I just need to make it all count on my return to work next week. Consistent riding will be the key and with spring here I am hoping this will be the case.
I am definitely throwing a leg over the 29er single speed on the return to Melbourne for some exploring of the silvan singletrack. I have missed riding it since putting it back together months ago.
Now I am going to enjoy a kip and then some beach time. Still got tomorrow for a pedal and if I am really lucky I might squeeze one in on Monday before we have to get on the plane.
Happy trails!

No comments: