Sunday, August 5, 2007

broome hell ride


I met a local on the road to Derby on my first ride in Broome. Greg informed me of the locals getting together on a Saturday morning and invited me along. I presented at the Broome cycles at 6am and met up with 8-10 guys and girls. The locals love there bikes here. Nice machines(look, C50 b stay colnago, trek madone, specialized to name a few) were abundant and so was the fitness. We headed out of town towards Derby and swapped off till the 35km mark and then did the turn around for town. What they dont have in hills here they make up for in heat and wind. One regular had teo puntures and called it a day hitching a ride back to town with some farmers in the back of a ute.
Arriving back in town we stopped for a brew. One thing is that the coffee here is suprising with the majority of cafes able to serve up a decent coffee. I was offered some other rides before I head home but depends if I can pull myself out of bed early....after all I am on holidays!!!

the coffee shop line up


the Moots outside Matso's brew house

Also found the local brewery and got stuck into the local brews. Not bad. The brew house sits in an old general store call Matso's over looking the bay. What a view to sit back on chair in the shade sucking down nice amber brews......perfect

mmmm....cold amber liquid!!

No comments: