Monday, August 27, 2007

d-day

Well I'm home after the Australian Birkebeiner. Mmmmm interesting day it was. Felt ok at the the start but the race faded as the km's ticked by. Sure I had done the work but maybe not enough in the right places (more hill repeats for next year). Race day weather was perfect with little wind and little cloud. The warm days however had presented the race with gelati soft- grainy snow....not a good thing! Dont know if I used the right wax option for the day but it got me through. My major disadvantage was my body weight. A bit to heavy on soft snow...... have to work on that...give up food I think (coma induced diet I hear others say!).
The race was a learning experience as always and I was glad to get to the end. I slid in 63rd in the mens...not bad but some 20 mins slower than 2 years previous on the same course. Tam managed a great 43rd I think which was good going for her. Even my mum had a crack at the 7km distance and did well.
It is know back to the drawing board to work on some things and plan our race trip to Canada/ USA next Feb. I will add some photos when I have them.

No comments: