Friday, April 25, 2008

LEST WE FORGET



Today is the one day I have to have off from work, ANZAC Day. It is the day in my eyes that Australia became a nation. As always I headed down to the dawn service with Tammie in tow and paid our respects with around 2000 other people at the Ringwood Clock Tower. Always moves me.... something about a lone piper and the last post.
Ever since serving my time in the Army I feel that this is one of the most important days, even more so since receiving my Defence Medal last year for peace time service. So today it was on my left breast whilst in attendance at the dawn service.
I then hit the road for some training.... coffee run to Threso's for a brew and chit chat with Shane. First ride all week as I have been doing some ski training.... boy it hurts!
This afternoon we headed with some friends to watch the Football at the MCG.... 90000 people attended the game, good fun and a few beers to celebrate.

Later

No comments: