Tuesday, April 29, 2008

snow in the hills

I hope the the last 48hrs of weather is a indication of what might lay ahead for us who like snow. Cold temps and some rain has brought 25 cm of snow to the hills in the last day of two. Whilst not of any use yet for training at least the snow will help cool off the ground for the coming winter. At least the pain of the new training is going to pay off (I hope) as my body is holding together after the last few roller ski and hill running sessions.



Today I went over to Lysterfeild to do a lap or 2 but was defeated by the amount of water on the surface of the trails. The lack of trail maintenance is beginning to show as there are heaps of rutted out trail, now full of water. I feel that the park needs to add some extra trail to help spread the work load the the current trails, but that is unlikely. Today I gave up trying to channel some puddles to drain them. I ran in to Tim Ferris out doing the same thing. He is getting ready for the world 24 hr solo champs ... (mad I reckon) to try and better his 2nd place in his age group last year. Best of luck!
So I have entered the first two Chase the Sun's and am doing them solo (which will be interesting, don't know what the body will say about that !). I am hoping for some decent weather for them as riding around in shit weather for 5 or 6 hours is not that much fun!

Later......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hear you have cheao crossmaxs for sale.....is this true?