Wednesday, November 19, 2008

69er time

OK so the title got your attention and for some it will bring only one thing to the mind. Since the departing of the 29er from my house of steads I have had to re think the square a bit and have decided to build up a 69er. After looking at various pages on MTBR.com I realised that it was able to be done and I had all the parts. I returned to the bike shop yesterday and proceeded to strip down the Gorilla and then headed home to build this baby up. So far so good, and fingers crossed that it rides OK.





As you can see it looks great, and was easy to slam together. I am going to run it 1x9 which will be something different but at least this will allow me to get out and on the dirt and continue to race. All that is left is to get the chain on and the gears set up and dial in the ride and I can get back to the single track soon.
Speaking of which there is going to be dirt crits in Warrandyte this summer so I am pumped to have something that is riding distance to the house. Looking forward to it!
Other news to hand is that choose you riding partners carefully as I discovered on Monday night. I was convinced that a ride with Jase and Matt from down the road would be a fun arvo. After about 20 mins I new I was in some serious trouble in the fitness stakes and was getting smashed up every hill, big or small. This has been the nail in the coffin this week and I am now unwell and flat as a tac. Hopefully with some sleep and a little rest I will be back at it on all cylinders soon. I will have to drop out the 42 front and drop in the usual 39 if I every plan to ride that loop again..... its now named the Vomit Loop!
Happy riding!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So 5.30 next Monday Cam?