Friday, November 28, 2008

Busted

Its not often that work slows down and I get the option to have a day off paid by the man, yesterday was availavle so I grabbed it. It started off great with a hot day expected and a trip down to the Yarra so the dogs could have a swim and me a coffee and muffin action at the bakery.
Apart from some domestic duties, the plan was to pick up my replacement 29er Specialized Stumpjumper frame from the bike shop. Thank god it has arrived and I can now sever my ties with the shop after 20 years as it has new owners and Andy Steele has bought his own shop near by.



Always love opening boxes to find the surprise inside!



The frame will be going on Ebay Saturday so if anyone is keen have a bid on it, brand new fresh out the box. The frame has 2 drop outs so you can run it single or geared, great frame just too light for me.
I had also organised to hook up with Jase from Epix and have a roll around the local trails. He gave me a kick off time of 2pm and we had planned out a decent loop and had tacked on some other peices to extend it out a little. We decided to swing through some trail in Nth Warrandtye and drop down through a tiny part of trail that is not suppose to be ridden. Well it was our luck to be spotted in Nth Warrandyte by the Ranger and he had a guess about where we were heading and when we popped out of the bike free area we were pinged. Not much to say really and we were threatened with a fine (dont talk about it just give it to me) and dont come back here but hey in the words of the Terminator "I'll be back"! Found that some locals have been busy little beavers in a few spots adding to the network of trail that is popping up in various places.
The loop was a decent slog for 2 hours in the heat with a few stops for H2O and we made home just before some rather large storms hit the area which put on quite a display of thunder and some almond sized hail stones. One thing for sure is that Jase is no slouch on any bike and put me to shame yesterday despite me having gears...... to fit!
Happy trails!

No comments: