Wednesday, November 26, 2008

weather hold

With the weekend behind us now the perfect weather has returned. Melburn was hit with a cold Antarctic weather pattern that delivered snow to some of the local mountains and some decent rainfall. The weekend was spent house bound due to the weather as I figured heading out into the wet was only going to compound some issues for me from the week before.
I managed to get a ride in on Friday and play around a bit with the frankenstein 69er. Have to sort out the gearing as I have discovered that I really miss the simplicity of the singlespeed off road.
I hit the road Monday for a session with a nice gentle roll through Warrandyte, but the weather was average with that fine misty rain that we get which is not enough to wet the ground or worth putting on rain gear for.
Yesterday say the start of the Canada 09 preparations with a session of bounding with nordic ski poles. I thought it was going to be a breeze but soon realised how unfit I am at the moment. Having a 30km race to aim for in 9 weeks at least makes me keen to get the fitness sorted.



The new 29er frame has just rolled off the drawing board and the tubing has been ordered from all corners of the world and production should hopefully commence soon, but it is unlikely that it will be seen until late January because of Christmas.

No comments: