Friday, December 5, 2008

chase the crit

Went last night to the first Chase the Crit. Rode down with Jase and cruised the local single track on the way down. Met up with Gav who rocking it on his Kona single speed. I was impressed to see 30 odd riders turn out for the race which is good for the limited advertisement.
We turned up at the location which was a 10 acre property in Warrandyte which is mainly bush. The owner Craig Peacock has carved out a nice little 1.2 km loop with log drops, ramp, bermed corners and switch backs. Trust me 30 mins on this course was enough. There was plenty of climbing to behold and I aint used to climbing with gears and kept trying to riding it single speed style. So after rolling around for 30 mins the race was over. Jase pulled a 2nd in A grade, Gav somewhere high in B and me bringing in the lantern rouge of B. Great little event that was welcoming to one and all.
I was feeling great on the way home after blowing out the cobwebs and it was a pleasant ride home with Jase, just the right temp and few cars.
Check out the remaining crits if you are around this neck of the woods! I will remember to snap some pictures next week.

No comments: