Thursday, May 28, 2009

low key

Taking it easy this week, with the CTS this weekend I will need all my energy. Feeling well apart from a blocked nose today, think the dusty dogs have a little to do with that.
I have noted that the race is full with 400 entries. Will be a interesting day as that is a lot of people for a 12km course. I am heading out there tomorrow for a few laps to check out the gearing so I can swap it out if needs be. The secret will be to have a big enough gear for the flats and majority of the climbs. I know one hill that I will run as it has a steep pinch in it that I am not going to gear specifically for.
I am actually geed up for the race this weekend as I am feeling good on the bike at the moment but a few light rides in the next couple of days should set me up for having some fun.
I am ever hopeful that my rim will turn up from Dirtworks in time to get it back on my white hub for the weekend. I am lucky to have a back up so I can race this week.
Shout out to Gav who had some lovely eye surgery and now is on the road to recovery - he is going to be the helper and motivator on Sunday at CTS.

No comments: