Wednesday, May 13, 2009

tuesday crit


Rode over to the Tuesday Night Crit series being run by Flat Hill. The ride over was a bit of fun, riding some local trail to the freeway and then a bit of trail down the side of the freeway and into the Yarra trail system for a groove. On the way over a picked up a fencing nail.... luckily through the tread block and not into the tyre
Usual suspects plus a few new faces at the start line, always good for new faces to appear. It was a stella little race, I got a great start and heard the sound of rubbing tyres and some profanity followed by clang of metal hitting the ground. I was happy cause it would gap the field a bit, and being on the 29er I need the help.
I held off a few pursuers for a couple of laps by beating them on the open trail and gaping on the tight single track. The little rocky chute we normally go down was a up this week and caught a few by surprise including myself. It was handy to catch the person chasing you here as I could slowly get up it and gap someone into the open trail.
So a good night out with the boss picking me up for a drive home in the warmth of the car. Dont know what I finished and dont really care as I had a blast and was glad to have a hit out.
Gav turned up on the new bling bike, a new Giant Anthem Ltd. Not my cup of tea but a nice looking stead with a crazy trade in price of 1400 bucks..... he got the deal of the year given his other bike was having a few issues!
Tired today and had every intention of getting out this arvo with the fury friend (he is mad for it now it is cooler and recovered from the eye surgery) but after work I am cactus. Instead I changed my gear back to a nice sedate 32/20 and am putting together the mental map for the Smiths connector in the next little while. The trails are listed and found and now it will be time to ride it to see if it works! Tomorrow is another day and the fury friend and I will go out and test the local trails for some fun.

No comments: