Wednesday, October 21, 2009

bustin it out

Been a couple of sweet days riding since the weather broke. I did manage one fun ride last week between the very average days of weather.
Sunday saw me take in the Urban Epic again and with a great turn out of 20 riders were were having a fun Sunday morning. Interrupted by only a hand full of walkers who felt they ruled the trails. Karma did show that you are repaid when being a c@#t, as one walker fell over after chastising us. The guy who decided to stray in front of me on a fire break near Johnson St bridge re thought his idea and realised I was not so small close up and got out the way! Brilliant day for hitting the trails as they were in reasonable condition and pretty dry. Shame I had to call it a day early and head to work.


Me pointing out and heckling Cam's little fanny bag!


As you can see...worth the heckle (images from Cam Wells)

Monday the trip home was a corker as I was smashing a large gear as I had the day before and with perfect blue windless skies I rode the network all the way home. I had psyched myself up to miss any snakes and flew into a corner only to see stripes on the ground.... lucky for me it was a blue tongue lizard and not a famed Yarra Tiger snake.
Yesterday saw Jase (post his R&R in tropical QLD) head down for the Dirt Crit. 30 mins of pain shelled out by Paul VDP, not every day do you get to race talent like this. He showed everyone the dust, Jase helped himself into the embrace of a tree. Me I smashed it until I got lapped (at 3 to go, happy with that) and then turned it off for the weekend.
Saturday ses Gav and me head on down to the Surfcoast Six hour and race the 3hr singlespeed solo category. Looking forward to a weekend away to kick up the feet and chill.
Until next time..... Happy trails

1 comment:

neil said...

I hear the trails down there (Torquay) can get a bit sandy but are a heap of fun. I hope it's a blast!

Give it stick, and make sure Mr De Loree doesn't slack off. :)