Monday, November 16, 2009

the weekend that was

A very slow weekend for me trying to shake off the head cold from hell. The legs were hurting as they wanted to be in the sun on a bike and they were hurting from the leg work out on Friday at the gym.
It is a shame I missed the Psycho X as I would have liked to get out the old trust SS CX bike. Looks like all comers had a blast..... next time!
Saturday night was the high light of a very bland weekend of couch time. Simon and Rahna tied the knot. What a beautiful wedding over looking Albert Park Lake. Plenty of fun people having a blast. It was great to catch up with some old friends that have been like me very busy with life. All I can say is table 8 had a ball and it will be a night I fondly look back on in the years to come. We had Matthew Keenan on our table and was a fantastic guy with interesting stories. Turns out his sister is one of my big bosses at work.... bloody small world.
This week the plan is road bike time out through the dead roads above the Yarra Valley and around Kangaroo Ground. Tomorrow night I am planing on heading on down to the dirt crit and see if I can blow the last of this nasty cold out the door.
Off to give the fur kids a stroll.
Happy trails

No comments: