Sunday, February 7, 2010

on the mend

On the mend is a great place to be as it has been a miserable time the last few weeks. Actually it has been more frustration than anything else. After some good osteo treatment and a massage or two I am pain free and the stiffness is gone. After a afternoon nap on the floor this afternoon I feel great. The week was a bit up and down but I was able to get out and enjoy it a few times. I got out with the ultimate training partner on Monday (Farlee the one eyed border collie) who was happy with anything on offer and didn't complain once. We rolled the local trails and cut a few laps of some choice trail in the sun. Despite the puncture, a few loose bolts it was a pleasure to be out and about. I followed it up with a rub down and felt not to shabby.

I headed down to the Flathill Crews Dirt Crit Tuesday and handed my money over for a 3 lap ride as the back didn't agree with pushing a big gear. The difference a few weeks off can make is massive as the fitness has tailed off, the lungs ain't use to being flogged again just yet. I also rode down to the crit and headed home the back way but caved near home and phoned the boss for a pick up as the engine was cooked and the back shot.

I even made a national newspaper this week blurred out in the background, doing my thing at work. I got to say the press are annoying shits and managed to get in the way whilst doing their best to act like Hollywood paparazzi.
This week will see me back on the bike a few more times and maybe a trip to the gym. I will be strapping on the running shoes cause its time to get the game face on and whip this soul into shape. I am heading out to Lysterfield tomorrow for the first time in 6 plus months and am keen to roll as much trail as possible. Always fun out there more so when you haven't done it for a long time.
Winter Olympics start this week and I am keen to watch as much as possible as withdrawals from the snow are in full effect this summer. I am sure it will pump me up to get right back into winter preparations so I can be ready for the 2010 XC ski season.
Happy trails!

No comments: