Wednesday, February 24, 2010

times ticking by

Been a hectic week since I last jotted down a few notes on the blog. Trying to get into the swing of things here with a extra little person in the house. I have managed 2 rides this week, unfortunately one was cut short by a piece of fencing wire.
I was looking forward to stretching the legs out at Smiths but as I was heading out to Rob Roy I had a piece of wire snag itself through my rotor, take the chain off the SS drive train, around the hub and then attempt to rip the hose of my new elixirs. Needless to say 3 seconds of snagging took 10 mins to untangle the mess. I was able to roll back to car but was pissed as I had wasted a afternoon. I also had to order a new hose as the current one is a little worse for wear but still seems to work OK despite a few right angled turns in it.
I was going to get out on the Fatties ride tonight but was unable to do it as the boss (credit to her she wanted me to still go out) had to head back to hospital to get a few things sorted. So I have opted out of the Fatties ride to make sure that my 2 little ladies are sorted. Always another Wednesday nite to fill in soon enough.
I was happy to hear that the lads (Gav and Neil) did us proud and survived the Otway. Both have said that they were frustrated with their times, but the list of DNF's tell the story of how bloody hard the day was.
Word is out that there is a little ride getting put together for March out in the high country... mmm will have to check that calender and see if I can make it.
My plan is to get in some road miles and enjoy myself as the dirt is shitting me at the moment. I will say that Andy's photo journalism and related stories have inspired me a little to get out of town, so I think I will! Just have to pull out the SS cyclocross and get it on!
Get out and enjoy the sun, cause I will be.
Happy trails!

2 comments:

Jason Jackson said...

high country you say?

Mak said...

yep there is a little ride being planned up around Mt Stirling Mt Buller area on the Sunday of Labour Day weekend.