Thursday, August 19, 2010

been a little while

Yep I am still here just super busy. Its the madness at the pointy end of the ski season with trying to get my shit and head sorted for the Aussie Birke in 10 days. I have had a average season this year on the skis as conditions stopped some of the racing and I (for some weak reason) did not attend the last 2 races that were available close to home. Not to despair I have had some good days on the skis, and things are looking up.
My latest trip this week saw me hit some near perfect conditions at Lake Mountain for a quick ski before work on Tuesday. I even ran into Mr T (lit up like a christmas tree doing his early morning commute up the Nongs on my way out to the Yarra Valley. I have to say by the end of Tuesday's session I was getting my shit down pat. I have to head back up for the weekend and into early next week to get the most I can out of some last minute drills, distance and speed sessions but I am confident that come Saturday week I will have enough form to cruise through the race.
I have been so lazy that I have not even thrown a leg over a bike in the last 10 days and a few runs have been the substitute. No worry cause I have 3 weeks of leave from Friday so I will be getting some time on two wheels to prepare for the SSWC in late October. A friend has been in Rotovegas doing a bike test camp for Avanti bikes and posted some trail shots that are having me foaming at the bit. It is going to be a awesome little trip across the ditch!
I am planning a little bit of video footage for the next 10 days of skiing adventures.... see what I can put together!
Happy trails

No comments: