Monday, August 2, 2010

Snow

What shit weather yesterday, great for me, bad for bike riders. I know some trail fairies who were on the shovels yesterday apparently.... would have been a bit wet and cold. Sounds like some new trail might be evolving soon.... stay tuned.
The weather has lead to a dump of snow, that's great news as I am heading to the North East later this week for some training.... not to soon either. I have entered again the Australian Birkebeiner (21km XC ski race), last year I entered the 42km Hoppet but it was weather shortened for safety. Not quite up to the 42km this year (I will be one day, maybe next year) so I have a few weeks to get my shit organised for the shorter distance.
I have also entered myself in the Alpine Classic in Jan, and I don't know if 200km of big nasty hills is a good idea but gives me something to aim for. Some reason to ride hills locally and not the beach come summer.
Not much else going on at the moment, still resting my knee from the tweak I gave it at the Dirty Deeds cross race, so running is on the back burner.
I guess one comment I will make is how frustrated I am getting with bike shops. I attended a shop yesterday for a new chain. I enquired about a specific tyre that I ordered some 2 months ago and if they had any in stock (granted I took a different option at that time as the stock was not available). The answer was nope, maybe we will get some in soon. Now is it any wonder why people shop on the interweb!!! I think not. Its simple really, you can find shit from the comfort of your house, order it and it often turns up in half the time it does when you order it from a shop.... simple! Plus you don't get some half arsed effort at service.
Whinge done, I am off to fit the new chain!
Happy trails!

No comments: