Thursday, December 30, 2010

back rockn it

So had a solid week on the bike finally. Managed to fit it in around work and fatherhood commitments. To tell the truth it feels good to be tired.
Christmas day saw me roll to the start of the annual Christmas morning ride were me and a few buddies hook up for a roll down the beach and back to Brunetti's in Carlton for a brew and a little breakfast. It is a great way to start Christmas day. I fitted in a lazy 90kms that day, so I was happy as the rest of the day was spent driving to and from lunch.
The rest of the week has been rolling to and from work but with the traffic so quiet I have been able to hit up so roads that are usually to busy. So I have got in some quality rather than quantity.
I was going to head out early today for a long loop out through the Yarra Valley but opted for a sleep in as the Boss was home to keep Jnr entertained. So the plan will be a roll maybe on the dirt later today.
Tomorrow I have be invited to roll with some of the Smith's Dirt Crew on a torture test out to Kinglake on some sure to be hilly roads. We are getting out early to beat the heat and it should be good fun and for me a indication of my fitness so far for the Alpine in late January. Looking forward to rolling with a bunch cause it makes rolling long distances a little more fun.
Next week will see me trip on down to Geelong or Portarlington to check out the Bay Crits and watch some quality racing. Dont quite know which one I will attend but am geed up to check it out.
Following weekend I will head up to the Nationals and check out the Men's road race, maybe I will be feeding again this year for Gerro if he needs a hand, it always makes the day more interesting!
Anyway get out and enjoy the weather before the rain returns!
Happy trails!

No comments: