Monday, February 14, 2011

happy rolling

Had a few dirt rides doing a old loop that keeps you honest. Just some sweet climbs that have enough in them to test you. The beauty of this loop is even with all the crap weather that has been dished to Melbourne, it is still able to be ridden as the water drys off fairly quick. It appears that the other trails on offer around the place are all closed due to water damage.... proves that some should have better maintenance... not naming anywhere in particular!!!!
Even managed to drag Jase out for a loop on Saturday with the saw to clean up a few obstacles. Must remember to get a replacement saw as it has never recovered from a episode of log clearing that was beyond its small ability last year.
I am going to try and focus on the geared 29er for a bit as I will be racing on it next month for 6hrs so it is time to get extra familiar with it. I quite enjoy rolling with it as it loves the down hill!
I'm looking forward to a week up and Bright & Mt Beauty early next month. Really looking forward to the Mt Beauty 6 hr as I have never managed to get on the dirt there. I often drool at the trail as I am driving to Falls Creek during winter. Even local friend Tim has offered to drag me out up there and show me around. Will be back staying at Svarmisk which has a awesome cafe (mmm memories of Swedish meatballs) and nice hot tub for recovery.
Also looking at getting out on some of the sweet trails around Bright and doing a little on the road with the plan of getting up Mt Buffalo as I did not make it up there last month. I cant wait!
Jnr's birthday tomorrow so there is a trip to the Yarra Valley and the Healsville Sanctuary to check out the furry critters. Should be a good day out!
Happy trails!

No comments: