Sunday, February 27, 2011

SNAFU

Bloody weather has SNAFUed the planned ride for today. I had wanted to get out to Smiths today for a pedal as its the first child free Sunday morning I have had in ages. Being one to realise and respect (unlike some fools) that riding in wet weather ruins the trails I have had to hang it up for today. I am spewing as I wanted to test some things today before next weekends 6hr at Mt Beauty. So I am at a loose end, smashing down a few brews and thinking of what to eat for breakfast. What to do?
I will check out the NAHBS website to see whos making what in the custom bike world and then head to the workshop for a big clean up me thinks. Might as well make the lost morning count for something.
I have had little chance to get out on the bike this week. Between work and chatting to builders about our planned extension the week flies by. I did get out on the dirt earlier in the week and ran into the mother of all Tiger Snakes. I was climbing up a 25% rutted out climb, picking my line when I heard a rustle at my feet. Usually it turns out to be a Echidna, this time it was a fat 2m long Tiger Snake. I was lucky that the snake decided to head down the trail rather than up, my legs had never moved so quick.
I have recommenced the commute to work and yesterday was D day. I was pedaling squares from the word go, man o man it was hurting. Its funny how some days you fly and tap those pedals over like it is nothing, others like you are a fat man strugglin up a flight of stairs. Oh and where the fuk has daylight savings gone. A month ago I was rolling in the early morning daylight, now I am rocking a HID to see my way.... man that means winter aint far away.
Anyway a week till we pack up and head off to the North East for some R&R, including some serious bike time..... I hope!
Happy trails!

No comments: