Thursday, March 17, 2011

another week down

It has flown by since the last post. I ended up only getting one more ride in on the Bright single track. It was between storms last thursday so it was a limited ride in the wet and mud but fun none the less. It has primed my interest in the Bright 6hr so more than likely I will get up there for that next month.
I did get out to Smith's Gully on the week end with Mr T for what was supposed to be a short 1.5hr ride. None the less after 2 mechanicals from me it turned into a 3 hr jaunt and hills are still not my friend. The trails out there are in a awesome shape at the moment and a big thanks to the trails fairies who still keep whipping them into better and better condition.
Last night saw my return to the Fatties and roll a 2:1 gear on the 29er SS. It was great until Hans's loop where by the knees told me otherwise. I was lucky to get there after a front tyre roll off and another puncture. Trails are somewhat overgrown and pretty rutted out from the abusive wet weather riding and the floods of the last few months. At least the broken chain of the night was owned by another person and not me:).
Back at the coal face now until at least August when the snow has fallen and its time for the Hoppet. Many more adventures between now and then including house reno's.
Happy trails!

1 comment:

Diesel said...

I found that loop... absolutely brilliant!