Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Some solid days

I have now had some solid days on the bike over the last few weeks. Slowly but surely I feel that I am slowly making up lost ground.
They last few rides on the dirt have kept me in the hurt-box but what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.
Tomorrow I aim to get back out with the fatties ride. Whilst I don't like the trails heading in, they are good for building skill. The other benefit is rolling with people way fitter only helps me in my bid to get some fitness back.
Had a visit from Mooter yesterday, sounds like he is keen to get out on the dirt soon. He is looking fit even though he claims he is doing little. Always be wary of those who claim few miles but look fit. I will have to try some of his Mt D training on the quiet early morning roads.
Accommodation is booked for the Bright 6 hr and should be good fun with Ryan Moody tagging along.. (another who is to fit for his own good). Really looking forward to getting up there for this race as I have wanted to do it for years.
On the horizon soon might be a new hard tail as the geared 29er. Having a few issues with the Surly. Will have to see what fits the budget.
Happy trails

1 comment:

Diesel said...

I don't know you too well but figure you probably couldn't cop a Giant! Great read in the latest AMB though up against the Superfly... but you've probably already read it. Check it anyway.