Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hills....not my friend

So I decided to head up mt buffalo yesterday. Being a big unit of 123kgs (on a good day) I new that it was going to be a decent effort. I rolled out enjoying the summer like conditions and pointed myself out of town.
I noted a slight brake rub and adjusted the rear brake. I hit the climb and tried to find a nice tempo, noticing that I mist be tired as the heart rate stayed low. It had to be tiredness as I have no form or fitness at the moment. I kept tapping away noting that I would have struggled at the alpine classic to get up here after the 140 kms prior.
The brake rub returned but worse. At this point I had tapped out 10 kms of the climb. I decided to pull the pin and roll down. During the descent the rub got worse and worse until I had frame contact. I limped home defeated.
I will return to conquer you mt b!
Today I hit the local trails that I have ridden before centered around white star rd and morses creek. I was having a ball rolling sweet single track, hooking up in the corners, smile from ear to ear. This continued for a little while until.... Boom back wheel explodes tube and tyre in every direction. Torn sidewall found tube stuck between wheel and frame still inflated. So a little hr of walking but hey it was worth it!
Now I am listening to the rain and am questioning if I will get out there tomorrow now that I have replaced the rear tyre.... Come on rain go away...
Happy trails!

1 comment:

Diesel said...

Have a ball mate. Very jealous.