Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Busy signal..... beep beep

Been so busy between picking up bike parts and frames to rebuild the 29er line up, work, packing up a house, playing dad.... life just keeps on getting busy. The weather and recent illness have all taken their toll. I have only been on the bike once in the last week and that was a quick hour long roll on the new Niner Air 9.
It rolls sweet and I will post pics and a bit more about it soon. The Karate Monkey was retired promptly as I had some issues with it big time.
The Gorilla (Gellie 29er SS) came back from repairs with Ewen after a crack was found in the seat tube just under the seat clamp. Ewen's prompt service blew me away big time as he picked up the bike on Good Friday post a email and had it back in my hands 2 weeks later reinforced and re powder coated. I took the liberty to get Ewen to refill and sort out the down tube dent post my head on on the Yarra Trails 12 months ago.
So last Monday night and a fair chunk of Tuesday was spent in a rather cold workshop pulling apart, cleaning and reinstalling bike parts to get the two 29ers into riding shape. It was worth the time and effort!
With the weather forecast looking crap for Sunday I am going to pull the pin on any attempt for the Bendigo race. Cant be bothered driving up and racing in crap weather when I ain't been putting in the time. Plus I have a lot to organise here at home and time is limited for packing and storing of the house prior to the renovations commencing.
Back on the morning commute tomorrow to keep myself sane and get at least a little bit of bike time. The new Rapha kit should keep me toasted on the chilly dark roll to work. On Thursday if time allows I am going to hunt down some new trails that I have heard a fair bit about and get out amongst it.
Enough for now..... happy trails!

No comments: