Monday, May 30, 2011

Urban Epic

Wet, mud, cold.... The 3 things that define winter riding.
9 started with a mix of SS & gears. SS was the choice for the conditions. My geared pig was enjoying the conditions til 10 kms from home when serious chain suck commenced.
The 9 where whittled down to 3 bit the we ran into some friends which built the numbers for the return trip.
Bruce suffered a double flat, not even his sealant could stop the gush of air. Luckily he was not far from home and he could swap his bike over.
I rode in to the start so I was fried by the time I limped home. Lazy 80 kms for the first time in a very long time...... I was cooked when I rode in the driveway after 6 hrs of ride time.
The washing of the bike was less than inspiring but had to be done. Two washes later and bingo it was sparkling!
Thank you to the flat hill crew for leading the way!
Happy trails!

No comments: