Monday, May 2, 2011

It's taking time

The 29er single speed is down for the count. I found a small crack on the seat tube just under the clamp. It was time to get the dents on the down tube from last years head on repaired anyhow. I sent a email to Ewen who promptly replied and later that night picked up the stripped frame. I am nothing but impressed with the speed at which Ewen has sorted it out. Currently the frame is getting a new paint job and should be back on the trails next week.
The replacement Niner for the Karate Monkey is stuck on a dock somewhere in Sydney and it too should be in my possession next week.
Bike time has been minimal this week a I have been super busy starting the demolishing and clearing of the garden for the extension. So Saturday was spent in the garden digging, pulling, chopping everything that needed to go. Plus I moved two water tanks to new locations which has totally wrecked me.
I did get out yesterday morning for a quick spin on the mtb with Gav at Smiths.
The place was rocking with stacks of people in the carpark which is usually unseen. It appears the place now has a small reputation to live up to. I was wrecked after one loop so was quite happy to have a java and put the feet up. My sinus infection has returned and happily giving my head a work out that I don't need at the moment.
So plan from here is to slowly get my shit together in the bike department and enjoy the time out on the bike. As for up coming races I am not to sure what I want. I know I have the enduro at Forrest in a couple of months so I have to find something between now and then. Maybe the 3 hr at Bendigo might be a goer.
The ski season is fast approaching and I am going to be in struggle town if my weight doesn't come down the the fitness stakes go up.
Anyway enough from me, get out and enjoy it!
Happy trails!

No comments: