Sunday, November 13, 2011

dirt, dirt, dirt

Well that should be only dirt, dirt as I have squeezed in 2 rides this week, both at Smiths and both reasonable hit outs. I was joined by Gav, Matt, Mooter and Gerro for a hit out at Smiths on Monday which turned out to be the pick of the week for weather. The rest of the week was some what crap with lots of thunderstorms and lots and lots of rain. I snuck back out there today at dawn and has a blissful early morning ride. I rode Marsman and found the new connector trail at the top which had some choice benched in trail. The rest of the trails are in top condition, most have figured it out as the car park was bursting at the seams with cars every which way. I took out the old bontrager tubeless wheels today after getting a new tyre for the front after the bead on the Geax had shat itself. The Niner was ripping it and I rode a few trails in directions I normally wouldn't and had a blast. Really looking forward to the Christmas Ride in a couple of weeks out there. Plans from here are being made on the fly, I have to squeeze in quality ride time as the schedule is jammed packed with work, family, house stuff and the commencement of the social silly season. I have to really get into the swing of riding to work again to fit in km's and add what ever I can on top..... the Alpine is coming and coming fast!
Happy trails!

No comments: