Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Mixing it up

So I am flipping between road and dirt and slowly it seems getting the legs back. I need to fit in some really solid road kilometers to nail down what I am up to. Most days off seem to get interrupted from shit spring weather.  I figure a weekly decent long road ride with a couple of reasonable climbs will set me in the direction I need for the Alpine in January. Hello Yarra Valley you are going to be my new friend until the Alpine!
With this being said Gav and I have been hitting up some nice trail at Smiths Gully. For the most part it is a place that handles rain super well apart from the really low areas. We have a great little loop that sees in all the decent climbs in the area. Bit of a heart in the throat session but a good way to get in some intensity.
I have commenced some on the bike strength sessions and I found my limit quickly the other morning on the 5th repeat. It was a nice burning followed by the collapse of my quads, hami's and then gluts. A weekly session of this is going to be part of my newly established routine.
Off to bed cause it looks like I will try a early roll before work tomorrow!
Happy trails!

No comments: