Sunday, July 1, 2012

Dirty Deeds 1

Well I lined up for a night of fun at the Dirty Deeds CX prolouge a few weeks back. Bloody lung popper. With no fitness to speak off it was always going to be a challange.
Discovered that if your 50+ kg heaver than most you will sink deep on a cross course.
The Yeti rocked and did what it was asked to do, sweet fund and stiff.
The 2 races were short but left me in no doubt how hard cross will be. A big crowd turned out for a look and to cheer on. The best fun I have had in ages, plus it was nice to catch up with some old aquantices.
Now its just a matter of getting the fitness slowly back together and modifying the gearing on the CX bike as I struggled a little through the really soft stuff, as did most. I am going to go a 1x10 with the White Eno's up front rocking a 36 tooth and a Paul chain guide to keep everything on the straight and narrow.
Happy trails


No comments: