Sunday, July 1, 2012

Melburn Roobaix

Bloody awesome day was had with lots of mates rolling the cobbled lane ways of Melburn town.
I love this event and it has been a while since I could get back and rock it. A fun day cruising with 20 odd guys in our group with a brew stop thrown in for good measure. Was wrapped to get to the end and suck down a few beers in the sun.
The Gellie Roadie came out for the day and in credit to Ewen it sucked it up well.

The crowds were big this year with a few thousand turning out for this little event but when you hit the road the crowd thinned out a lot, which meant you could attack the cobbles, and I gave it my best. 
Found one picture of me exiting one of the lanes late in the day..... man I make this bike look small!
Great day with mates and there were quite a few people on course having a look and cheering on. Here's to next year.... happy cobbles!

No comments: