Sunday, July 1, 2012

plans.... what to do

Look racing has really lost its appeal as I cant really get considerable time on the bike to make it fun to race. Nothing worse than turning up to events and having a crack and having your heart in your mouth from the warm up.
The only exception this year is CX, I want to race this to get fit and have some fun through winter, as long as I finish each event I am happy.... I mean how much can 40 plus minutes of CX hurt anyway...... I know a fukn lot!
I just want to ride for fun, like when you were a kid. Jase my neighbour and of Felt Epix fame wanted to get back on the bike so we have committed to every other Thursday night ATM. Those who want to join us can and its a fun 2hr loop of local trail just for shits and giggle. I forgot how much fun some trail was, after all I have not ridden some of it for longer than 12 months.
XC skiing is still on the cards but unless mother nature drops some snow on the local hill to me @ Lake Mtn I cant see myself getting it done. Between work and family comittments this part of my life is slightly restricted.
I am still planing towards the Alpine Classic again, even bought the compact gear for the next one, cant wait for this event as I really enjoy those days up in the NE of Victoria.
The goal is get on the bike when I can and make it count for some fun whether its rolling fun trail or fun back roads on the blacktop.
Get out and enjoy it!



No comments: