Wednesday, March 19, 2008

back to the coal face


Well the day has finally arrived. I regret to inform my mind that it has to return to the reality of thinking about something rather than nothing. It has been a awesome 7 weeks. I feel well rested and ready to get it back on both at work and on the bike.
I have struggled with some delayed jet lag which has smashed me a bit and readjusting to this heat wave has been difficult....I get sweaty just thinking about it. Looking at the trip photos it seems like it was all a dream or a life time ago.

We headed down the coast on the weekend to catch up with the outlaws and my nephew who has really come to life and is funny to watch (doesn't seem to cry as much.... thank god, maybe he was having a good day!). I took the bike and headed out to thirteenth beach which has a road along it and you can see the surf breaking..... nice. I hooked up with the Hendry cycles crew for the pedal back to Torquay which was good because there wasn't much in the tank. Good size bunch and a descent pace. They leave the shop in Ocean Grove at 8am Sundays.
I hit Lysterfield on Saturday just after daylight to beat the crowds and the heat. Had grand plans to do a couple of laps but being the first ride back the body had other plans. Great to be out in the bush and seeing all the roos. I had missed seeing the wildlife that I see here when in the outdoors cause in Canada and the US I didn't see much I guess cause of the snow and being in the depths of winter.
Other news at hand is that I had to get a new computer as the old one was playing up. So it is with much joy that I am typing this out on a new iMac. Man is this fun having a machine that is fast and fun to do stuff on......many happy smiles!

1 comment:

Gunsle said...

So Big Mak has an iMac?

Good stuff.

Welcome back big fella, I know what u mean about looking at photos thinking it was another life ago. Man trips never last long enough.
I wonder if T-Dog and Gerro get that feeling, as they travel more than they're home. Hmmmmmm

Steeley