Sunday, March 9, 2008

skiing, racing, snow, snow, snow

Well it has been a busy week with getting organised for the race we had today at Sovereign Lake. We did a 15km race as part of a loppet series for the valley. We managed good results. I slid in after 62 mins of pain getting myself a 16th position in the mens. Tam slid in in 6th in the womens a few mins back on me. It is only a small race with a total of around 250 odd racers in various age groups and distances.
I did manage to win a race the other night, called the Wednesday night whoppet. It cost a twonee ($2). It was a 3 x 1km loop which you had to guess what your overall time would be. I was on the money and had a ball. We dont get to ski at night back home so it was awesome to get out and do it even though it was minus 7. The snow looked like a see of diamonds and one part of the race circut disappeared into the darkness so I was hoping there wasnt any man eating creature waiting for me.
Getting glide has been an issue this week for us as the snow is so dry and cold and the humidity high, but we finally sorted it out. Will post photos when I have some.
See you all next week as we are homeward bound.

1 comment:

Gunsle said...

Great to see you guys having a good time, take care.

See u when ur home.

PS. U been folloing Trent and Gerro?
Gerro's well placed and has been riding well in the Paris-Nice. Trent was leading young rider category and was 5th on GC but fell in stage 3.
They're both doing quite well really.
My moneys on Popovych now.

Andy