Monday, June 16, 2008

cheap plastic parts and cattle gates

Been way to busy with work but have almost got all the silliness sorted so that come July I can ski my arse off providing that the snow turns up...... it has started and I am most happy with seeing white on them hills. Yesterday I decided that I would ride home from work on the 29er and test out the new wheels with the white free wheel.... mmm perfecto whirring noise from that freewheel. NZ Gav joined me for a little adventure along the Yarra Trails. All was good.... not to cold, the trail all tacky and the bike at first sucking up what ever it was presented. I then had the misfortune of the crank coming off. Now I would have not expected it to do it but all because of a cheap plastic part the cranks came off. Then to add injury to insult I was climbing a gate that I did not realise was juiced up with some bull strength electrical power. Fuck me I discovered what the bull must feel like when rubbing itself against it.....ZAP...my hand still tingles today!
Ah the trials and tribulations of riding the local!

1 comment:

Gunsle said...

In defence of the cheap plastic part, it is only a bearing preloader.
The problem lies with the mechanic who didn't use a torque wrench on the two pinch bolts that really hold the crank on, not the cheap plastic preloader.