Sunday, August 3, 2008

first tracks

Headed back out to Lake yesterday for a quick session of classic skiing before work. Managed to drag myself out of bed early to get up to the trail head first. I was hoping for a decent ski in fresh snow.... which I got but we had a bit of a pinapple express yesterday morning which was wetting the surface with rain. It is the wettest I have been in a long time but a great ski was still had. It was fantastic to be the first out and setting the first tracks of the day. It is great to be out there in the quietness of a snow covered Aussie bush setting.... great way to start the day.
Made for a long day with work into the night but hey you have ski the snow when it is here.
Plan to head back tomorrow and get in another session. Might even get out on the bike this arvo if the sun manages to stay out.
News to hand is that Jason from Felt Epix has put his single speed together so I will post a photo when I snap one. Nice looking bike! (told him he would love it).
Gav has finally accepted delivery of his Unit 29 which he is wrapped with. Will post a pic once I have seen it!
Later

No comments: