Saturday, January 3, 2009

first post of 09

Well here we are in the new year, don't know where last year went. We had a low key New Years, in fact I was asleep on the couch after a few glasses of bubbly well before midnight. Did manage to get up and check out the local fire works around the hill, as the dogs were freakn out.
I managed to get out for a roll on the 29er on New Years eve along the Yarra Trails and had it all to myself which was nice. Some of the trail is pretty rooted in spots from over use. Still it was a nice spot to be in and Hans's loop was good despite me trying a way to big gear. I have settled on 32/19 which seems like the sweet spot!
New years day was great as I caught up with Shane for a pedal around the trails at Lysterfeild and had a general catch up as we don't see each other much these days due to our work commitments. Apart from a puncture on his bike we had a ball despite the occasional rain shower. I must commend the person who has removed a massive chest high log from one of my favorite trails that now allows me to run it with out stopping. We headed back to Shane's cafe were he turned on the machine and gave us the nectar of the god's, coffee.
I guess I have some other firsts apart from this being a first post of 2009.
I have hit the roller ski's this week for the first time in ages.... fitness not to bad so far...... 4 weeks to go till I get on the real white stuff.
Gerro has been the first team member of Test Team Cervelo to get a win, which was the first stage of the Bay Series yesterday. Well done on some early season form, those big base miles back up home must have done the trick!
A friend Cam Carlye (little cam) has for the first time stepped out in pink in the first stage of the Bay Series support race and ran second.
Tomorrow will be the first time in a long time that I have ridden up at St Andrews.


Gerro holding off the field and wining the sprint!


Cam leading his team mate through the corner, not to sure about the pink kit!

Enjoy the year people's and make something of it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you could give more detailed information on some, I think it is even more perfect, and I need to obtain more information!
decorative fishing net