Wednesday, January 14, 2009

scorched

How is this sudden summer scorcher! Bush fires have already sprung up in the southern states of Australia. It has really put a hold on riding yesterday and today with temps at 38 - 40 C. I got up early today to take the dogs for a run and was surprised to feel the heat at 30 C by 7 am, so now I am indoors having breakfast and thinking how to best fill in the morning before work. Hopefully the coming days will provide some relief and enable some pedal and roller ski time. Need the ski time with Canada approaching at a great rate of speed, only a couple of weeks to go.
Next week sees me and a select few head down to Forest for a couple of days riding around those sweet trails, and a couple of ales at the pub.
I have entered myself in some up coming events (check the links in the side bar) which some might be a bit nasty but it is always good to have some goals to get fit for. The Silverstar 75 in a couple of weeks will be a test as it is a ski race and I will have only a week on snow before hand. Might be pushing the luck but I will be keen as mustard as racing there last Feb was a blast.
Spent Monday morning ironing out the details of the new road frame with Ewen @ Gellie Custom. Lets say I m excited on how this will turn out. Should be a sweet steel road frame.
Steel is real baby!

No comments: