Wednesday, January 28, 2009

stinker

Well it has been a quiet week for pedaling this week post the road trip to Forrest. We were luck enough to receive some special attention from Oakley (care of my Aunty Pat) and attend the Australian Open. The boss was luck enough to go and get into a players box for a game, which for a former tennis nut was awesome. So two hot days were spent cooking off in the sun watching various players smash that little yellow ball around the courts. Great to catch my aunt who is not down under often.
The temperatures in Melburn for the next couple of days are less than inspiring to ride in with it being 40+ till Sunday. Bloody stinker! and a bit of a challenge when working full time to get a pedal in.
The rest of the week has been spent working and sorting out a few minor things for the upcoming trip. It wont be long til I am
out smashing some km's under this sign with a smile on the dial.



One techno item that has caught my attention was the Garmin that Jase lent me for our road trip. It was a cool thing to be able to check out what and how you have ridden a loop. The thing we did find was she was a bit temperamental as it would not fire up on one occasion and we have put that down to a battery issue. Will test it out again on Friday on a group ride out Smiths Gully way. I still want one.
Man I am missing having a road bike, although I have noted that them happy drivers are back on the road again post the christmas holidays. I am ever hopeful that she will be here for my return in a couple of weeks.
Well off to take the fur children for a wander before the temperature goes through the roof!
Happy trails!

No comments: