Friday, February 6, 2009

its white and cold


Thankfully we have arrived here in Canada with out many issues. The flight over from Australia was interesting as it was on the new A380. Nice big chairs and plenty of room (good for me!). The guy seating in front of me whinged his arse off about everything, as such from his constant whining I got little sleep. We had a 5hr lay over at LAX which is the shittiest airport around. I did manage to have a kip on the carpet for a while to catch up on some needed sleep.
We had a night in Vancouver and caught up with a friend Nicole for a meal at the Yaletown brewery. I managed to sink a few 20 ounce beers and enjoyed a decent feed before retiring to bed and having a fantastic sleep.
We arrived here at Silverstar on Tuesday and had our first ski yesterday, which was nice but we didn't have our ski legs and couldn't tell if we were arthur or martha! Today we had a great morning ski on the classic skis and a gentle skate session to get the body moving. I had a interesting fall in front of the day lodge post waxing my ski's which looked like some out of a cartoon, much to the humour of Tammie. I was doing the backwards running man and then boom I was staring at the sky.
We came across a local who was whistling away. He told us about the local birds called camp robbers.



These pretty little birds when you hold your hand out with a little food will drop out of the tree and swing on to your hand. A pretty cool little experience.
Anyway we are having a ball and cant complain about being here to ski each day waking up to perfect snow and perfect trails!

No comments: