Sunday, January 10, 2010

2 wheel cruising

Wrapped up a great weekend on the bike this weekend with a spin around the trails at Smiths today. The weather was spot on but got hot towards the end. I went up the water bar climb, and I have to say she is too nasty for me on a single speed. I ended up with some 700 metres of climbing over the course of the ride. Did not see a single sole out there, only a echidna which spooked me big time with movement in the corner of my eye making me jump a little thinking it could be a snake. Trails were in tip top shape and its good to see that the locals are adding some berms to the trail out at Rob Roy.
I made it back to the general store for a coke and cool down and was surprised at the amount of roadies there having a break. I was chilln in the shade when one of these cocks knocked over the 29er. Less than impressed by this fools effort at knocking it over his sheer disrespect about doing it pissed me off even more. Some of new comers to cycling need to learn a little etiquite in riding, clothing, and how to treat others bikes. I had to contain myself, but did offer to repay him by ghosting his bike onto the road.
Once I got home today and was pulling the bike off the roof I noticed a nice sidewall cut in my racing ralph. Looks like I will be online again today to pick up some more.
I tested out some new Ergon grips and have to say they are pretty darn good. Comfortable, although a little weird looking they got me through the day.
Yesterday was a cruise down the beach with Mrs Gerrans, Shane, Hysen and a few others. The main aim was a catch up with Rahna before she heads over to join her fella in Spain for the year. Sounds like there will be lots of travelling and organising with the move to Spain, so Simon can get organised for the Classsics.



Simon left last week and has been busy with the launch of Team Sky. We had a great roll along the bay and breakfast (scrambled eggs on toast) in Port Melburn. Ended up with 2 hrs of riding and some time in the sun. It ended up being a bloody hot morning and I was glad to retreat to the comfort of the couch and the air conditioner in the afternoon.
Back to work tomorrow and will be glad to miss out on the 41 degree day in the comfort of my workplace. A trip to the gym will be in order in the morning before work and a cruise of the local neighbourhood with the fur children.
Happy trails!

No comments: